The ADAM Test
Checking For Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome
Recent studies have suggested relationship between low testosterone and Peyronie's disease. One study showed 74.4% of all Peyronie's patients to have low testosterone level.
It also showed that men with testosterone deficiency and low free testosterone had significantly more severe penis curvature.
This is why many Peyronie's specialists, like Dr. Mohit Khera, recommend all Peyronie's patients to have their testosterone level checked and treated if low.
The ADAM Test (Androgen Deficiency In Aging Males) is a 1-minute test to check for Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome in men. Men can make an initial assessment of their testosterone level by just answering the following ten questions.
1. Do you have a decrease in libido (sex drive)?
2. Do you have a lack of energy?
3. Do you have a decrease in strength and/or endurance?
4. Have you lost height?
5. Have you noticed a decreased "enjoyment of life"
6. Are you sad and/or grumpy?
7. Are your erections less strong?
8. Have you noticed a recent deterioration in your ability to play sports?
9. Are you falling asleep after dinner?
10. Has there been a recent deterioration in your work performance?
If you have answered NO to all questions, you are not likely to need further tests.
If you have answered YES to question 1 or 7, or at least three of the other questions, then you may have low testosterone level and should see your doctor a.s.a.p. and have your testosterone level formally checked.
Are Testosterone Products Safe?
Testosterone products should only be used under doctor's supervision / doctor's approval.
FDA has cautioned using testosterone products for low testosterone due to aging. Labels must clarify the approved use of the medication and include information about a possible increased risk of heart attacks and strokes in patients taking testosterone.
Patients using testosterone should seek medical attention immediately if symptoms of a heart attack or stroke are present, such as:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Weakness in one part or one side of the body
- Slurred speech